Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Roland Beech of the website 82games.com, which specializes in statistical analyses of NBA data, recently invited me to create an NBA version of my new graphic hot-hand diagram (click here for some background).

When I think of potential hot-hand shooters in the NBA, the list begins and ends with one name, Kobe Bryant. I therefore decided to create a graph for Bryant's 81-point game against Toronto last season. Also, at Roland's suggestion, I found a way to incorporate free throws.

I am honored to find out today that my Bryant chart is the current "Top Story" on 82games, as shown below.



Take a look, by clicking on 82games.com.

***
I'm sure I speak for the entire sports statistics community in extending our thoughts and condolences to everyone at Virginia Tech and their families. The school has created a special website for information related to the tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the stuff that you do on this website! My name is Jacob Rosen and I found a link to your site from 82games.com, which I regularly view. I on the other hand maintain a weekly e-mail about sports statistics and have been trying to find a simple way to put it on a blog. I would like to extend you an invitation to my e-mail list. Please e-mail me at mandy25505@yahoo.com if you are at all interested in this.