Saturday, July 14, 2007

Just a couple of brief items:

The Chicago Cubs ended their 10-game drought without a home run, as Alfonso Soriano belted one today in the North Siders' 9-3 romp over Houston. Chicago did win 6 of the 10 games, though. It was the Cubs' longest homer-free stretch since 1988...

In the kind of start any golfer would dream about, In-Kyung Kim birdied her first seven holes in today's round of the LPGA's Jamie Farr Classic. Kim was quoted in the linked article as follows:

"That was my first time to birdie seven holes in a row, so that was pretty cool," she said. "I kept making birdies. I thought maybe I could shoot 57 today! I made seven birdies in a row, like, what's going on?"

Despite the early hot putter, Kim is in third place heading into the final round, five strokes behind leader Se Ri Pak.

No comments: